pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION



PICARD'S CIVILIAN TRICORDER


When I purchased this item it was listed in the Profiles in History catalog as an engineering tool.  Even though I could not find it in any of the engineering scenes in the Next Generation I purchased it any way because no one else was bidding on it and it lit up, which was pretty cool.  The leds that you see on the top light up in a random pattern and on the front end there are pulsating lights, just like the end of a federation tricorder!




After watching a few episodes, I finally spotted my item in this scene a few years after I bought it (can you spot it?):

 
 
Yes, it's the item on the right side of the screen in the foreground!  I was happy, but while seen on screen it was still just a set dressing piece and not a hero used piece until I saw these screen caps!
 
 

 
 
Turns out that this is a civilian tricorder that Picard uses to scan the Klingon for the final artifact!  A very cool find!!!!
 
 

WORF'S UNIFORM

 
This is an intentionally distressed two piece uniform worn by Michael Dorn as Worf. The comm badge on the front of the uniform and rank pips on the collar are also screen used items.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This uniform is really huge!  I have it hanging from the outside top of a closet door in my Trek room and it still touches the floor!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment